Intelligent Criminal Defense Solutions
- Drug charges and narcotics offenses, such as possession and illegal dispensation
- Fraud charges — government fraud, corporate fraud, Internet fraud and more
- White collar crimes, including public correction, extortion and insider trading
- Violent crimes such as sexual assault and homicide, including those involving weapons charges and allegations of domestic violence or abuse
- International crimes such as money-laundering and U.S. customs violations
- Racketeering and conspiracy
- Internet crimes, including child pornography or online identity theft
Jose Nieves has practiced extensively in federal and state jurisdiction and has a long track record of success handling grand jury investigations, trials and appeals. Jose Nieves can help you avoid having your property seized, handle allegations of perjury and otherwise guide you through the defense process.
Our clients are stockbrokers, corporate officers, investment bankers and other high-level professionals who are facing serious criminal charges.
Assertive And Knowledgeable Defense When You Face Drug Charges In New York City
Drug cases, whether state or federal, may result in jail time, large fines, property forfeiture and a permanent criminal record. These cases often involve complicated legal issues involving search, seizure, the right to an attorney and the right to remain silent.
At Jose Nieves & Associates, L.L.P.C., Jose Nieves has a thorough understanding of state and federal drug matters and has extensive experience handling them at all court levels.
Experienced Defense Lawyer On Your Side
Having represented clients who are charged with drug crimes throughout the New York City area and across the State since 2001, no case is too large or complex for our skilled criminal defense attorneys to handle. Jose Nieves has the knowledge and experience to help you build an ironclad defense against the charges you are facing.
Types of Drug Charges
Our firm handles all types of drug charges involving all types of drugs, narcotics and prescription medications such as:
- Possession of marijuana, cocaine, prescription drugs or other drugs
- Sale or distribution of narcotics or controlled substances, including crack, cocaine, heroin, marijuana, meth, Ecstasy or illegally obtained prescription drugs (such as OxyContin, Percocet and Vicodin)
- Prescription drug fraud, including altering prescriptions, forging prescriptions, stealing a prescription pad, use of prescription medications for recreational use and illegal distribution of prescription medication
- Drug trafficking with charges including the type of substance being transported, the amount of the substance being transported and the destination
- Drug smuggling including meth, marijuana, cocaine, prescription medications or other controlled substances
- Drug manufacturing and cultivation charges centered on the type of substance, the amount manufactured and the intent
- Drug paraphernalia possession including plastic bags, digital scales, bongs, syringes, vials and other items